Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sci-Fi Fantasy Book Club a Success!

I have just started a new Science Fiction and Fantasy Bookclub here at Independence called Outside the Inner Limits. A friend of the library was interested in starting a group and so we brainstormed and he came up with the title. I have started a blog for the bookclub to keep up with the latest happenings. We had 4 patrons come to the first meeting but I have a feeling that our second meeting is going to have a bigger crowd. I can't keep copies of the next reading selection on the shelf! We are meeting every other month (Jan., March, May, July, Sept., and Nov.) to give everyone a chance to place a hold on the title and read it before the next meeting. I'm going to try asking multiple choice questions from the book in a game show format like "Scene It" or "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" for an icebreaker. The winner with the most correct questions will get a prize--probably a book club journal. Now all I need is to find some game show music--hmm. ;)

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online