Saturday, August 09, 2008

Thing 32: Omnidrive - Online File Storage


Omnidrive looks like a wonderful tool but was unavailable to me at the moment because it is currently in Beta and they have reached capacity in terms of number of users. I have signed up to receive an email when they start accepting new users. The Zoho Writer account that I created in Thing 18 is still working fine and when Omnidrive comes available again I'll complete this exercise and also utilize the Snipshot feature for editing photos.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

OmniDrive is dead!

Have a look here:
http://www.backupreview.info/2008/07/23/omnidrive-alive-and-kicking/

Read the letter from Clay Cook mentioned in the post (above:
http://www.gooruze.com/members/claycook/blog/119381/My-experience-investing-in-Nik-Cubrilovic-and-Omnidrive/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on the state of Omnidrive. That is sad news to hear. Something like this had great potential if it was managed correctly.

Anonymous said...

you can also check box.net (www.box.net). they offer a pretty cool service for online file storage and collaboration.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the Box.net suggestion! Now I will be able to complete the learning exercise. I'll be sure to recommend it to others who run into the same problem.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online