Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Blogger Beta Account

Woohoo!
I was able to get a new Beta Blogger Account. I just made the transition.

There was an information box on my dashboard when I logged in underneath my profile. It didn't say anything about being preselected. I just clicked on the link for the information and then Blogger walked me through transfering my account to Beta.

***Note you must make a Google Account before you can begin the transfer process. This does NOT give you a GMail account only a Google Account. It saved a copy of my original template. Then I had to add back all the original code that I had added to my sidebar but it retained all of my posts and all of the links I made. You can also keep or change your template style at that time.





You'll have fun moving parts of your layout by dragging and dropping with a mouse. The layout and the selections are much more intuitive. There is alot more ways to customize your blog. You can add all sorts of categories to any part of your blog including: lists, list links, pictures, text, HTML/JavaScript, Feeds, Labels, and Blog Logos. I'll be spending quite some time just checking out what's available.





The New Page Element is very handy for adding new things to your blog. Just select what you want to add, put in your stuff, and click save. Then the new "thing" becomes a moveable block that you can drag and drop around on your layout.

I hope that others will be able to convert soon. The extra features are very useful.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get an invite? Or did you just create an an account in Beta?

Anonymous said...

I was able to get my beta account too just by transfering it through dashboard. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Have you been able to add links to your posts? The sites that I type in don't come up as links and there isn't a "format html" feature when I try to edit my posts. What did you do?

spinelabel said...

The screen shots are great! Thanks for the online training.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online