Wednesday, September 27, 2006

#18 Web Based Apps - Writely

I discovered that Writely is also not supporting Blogger Beta yet so again I had to view my document as HTML, copy and paste the code into a post and do some clean up just like in Zoho Writer. Both are about the same in ease of use. The HTML tab in Writely is handy and only shows the code for the document. I did have to import the image directly into my blog post though and place it in the table in the blog. With Zoho Writer I didn't have to do that. So both have their pros and cons. I'll just be waiting for Blogger Beta support for either one so I can export directly.






Title: Egyptology : search for the tomb of Osiris : being the journal of Miss Emily Sands, November 1926-.
Author: Emily Sands; Ian P Andrew; Nick Harris; Helen Ward; Dugald Steer      
Illustrator: Emily Sands; Nick Harris; Ian P Andrew; Helen Ward      
Publisher: Candlewick Press   
Pub Date: 2004   
ISBN: 0763626384     

Have you ever wanted to be an archaeologist like Indiana Jones? Then you would enjoy exploring the wonders of Ancient Egypt along with Emily Sands, explorer extraordinaire. Follow along in her journal scrapbook as she searches for the lost tomb of Osiris.  The illustrations are very captivating. Every page will inspire you to explore the special features. These include postcards, envelopes, papyrus scrolls, foldouts, maps, treasure samples, minibooks, popups, and even playing pieces for a game of Egyptian Senet which is similar to checkers. Bring your magnifying glass because some of the text is hard to read. Will Miss Sands discover the mysterious tomb? Read and find out!

If you would like other suggestions for reading take a look at Readers Club for adults and teens or Bookhive for young readers (or the young at heart!).

4 Comments:

TheLaddoo said...

Hi,

I was running a blogsearch on writely and saw this post of yours. Since I just got writely working with blogger beta I thought I'd let you know how to:

Head to Blog Settings in writely.
Choose my own server/custom
For API type choose Blogger API

Type the following into the box which asks for the url

http://beta.blogger.com/api

Fill in your blogger beta username and password.

Hit Test to see if you can publish.

happy blogging

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip Sridhar. I tried what you suggested but I still could not get it to work. According to Writely, they still don't support Blogger Beta. http://www.google.com/support/writely/bin/answer.py?answer=47938&ctx=sibling
Oh well. Thanks for taking the time
to post.

Aura said...

What is the difference in having a blogger beta and a regular blogger account? I'm not very knowlegeable in this area.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aura,
The difference between regular Blogger (http://www.blogger.com) and Blogger Beta (http://beta.blogger.com) is that Blogger Beta is Blogger's test site. It's not "officially" released because it still has some kinks to work out. But Blogger has released it to public to get feedback on the new features that it provides. Since it's in beta, quite a few outside parties don't support it yet. Hope that helps.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online